Andrew Captan - Top Criminal Defense Lawyer
Andrew Captan is top Criminal Defense Lawyer in Toronto, with an office located in Downtown Toronto in the Cabbagetown District. He services all courthouses throughout the Greater Toronto Area and beyond, including Brampton, Oshawa, Newmarket, Kitchener, Guelph, Milton, Hamilton, amongst others. He has been described by previous clients as intelligent, professional, caring and honest, according to their reviews left on Google.
Andrew Captan will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the best possible legal representation. As a client, you will work directly with Mr. Captan, rather than a law student or legal assistant, in building your defence. You will be updated regularly throughout your case to keep you informed about progress, next steps and potential outcomes.
From the outset of his career, Mr. Captan has strictly focused his practice on Criminal Defense Law, dedicating his time to defending individuals in some of their most vulnerable moments in life. He represents individuals charged with crimes under the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act; he represents both adults and youths (individuals under 18); he assists individuals who are charged with both minor and serious crimes, from Domestic Assault, Shoplifting and Mischief to Aggravated Assault, Attempted Murder and Sexual Assault; and he aims to do so while offering affordable legal fees in order to ensure everyone has a fair chance at justice. A significant volume of his practice is dedicated to defending Driving Under the Influence cases (Driving Excess Blood Alcohol, Impaired Driving and Refusing a Breath Sample), as well as Domestic Violence matters.
For most clients, Mr. Captan offers block fee billing, leaving you with no uncertainty with respect to what you are required to pay. Fees are discussed up front and reduced to writing in the form of a Retainer Agreement, so there are no surprises. Mr. Captan also offers flexible and individualized payment plans so that you can manage his fees along with your other ongoing expenses.
Why retain Andrew Captan – Criminal Defense Lawyer?
- He only practices in Criminal Defense and, therefore, has developed expertise in this area of law, with over 10 years of experience
- His office is conveniently located in the Cabbagetown area of Downtown Toronto, close to several criminal courts (College Park, 311 Jarvis Youth Court, Old City Hall and 361 University), as well as readily accessible by TTC (one short bus ride from Castle Frank station)
- He does not delegate the legal work in your case to students, clerks or legal assistants;
- He offers affordable legal fees and makes all efforts to try and accommodate all clients who approach him for assistance, and provides flexible payment plans so that clients are not overly burdened by large, up-front payments
- He offers a free, initial consultation for up to 30 minutes, in which you and he can see if you are the right fit, given that the solicitor-client relationship in the criminal law context often requires the parties to work as a team
- He accepts Legal Aid and Justice Net clients
- He takes on cases in Toronto and in a wide variety of other jurisdictions to facilitate access to justice
“I used Andrew recently for a drug possession charge. At first the crown was asking for time is custody upon conviction. Andrew was able to reduce this to no jail and a small fine. Couldn’t of asked for a better outcome! I wouldn’t recommend any other lawyer when facing criminal charges.”
“I was referred to Andrew by another lawyer to handle my case. The referring lawyer spoke highly of Andrew and now I fully understand why. He is always on time, prepared and available to handle any situation or question. I am extremely happy with the way he handled my preliminary trial and from the depth of his questions I can tell he really put in 110% effort. Thank you Andrew.”
“Andrew is a man of his word. Very polite and trustworthy. He takes as many cases as he can handle so nobodies case is neglected. answers calls any time, updates of cases are on time, Fees are very reasonable. Thanks to Andrew my breach of under taking charge got withdrawn without any conditions in short period of time. I highly recommend Andrew.”
“When selecting a lawyer to deal with my case I had called about 5 lawyers. Out of the 5 lawyers, Andrew had stood out the most for me because he was a polite, understanding, and truthful attorney. Andrew always picks up calls and emails back quick. Within about 2-3 months, Andrew was able to get the job done and withdrawal all my conditions and charges, which is amazing, since cases can go past over a year. Andrew is an exceptional attorney and I highly recommend him for anyone in need.”