Andrew Captan - Toronto Criminal Lawyer
Andrew Captan is an experienced Criminal Lawyer in Toronto. He services all courthouses throughout the Greater Toronto Area and beyond, including Brampton, Oshawa, Newmarket, Kitchener, Guelph, Milton, Hamilton, amongst others. He has been described by previous clients as intelligent, professional, caring and honest, according to their reviews left on Google. He has a 5-star rating on Google, because he works hard for his clients and treats each and every one of them with the respect, compassion and dignity they deserve, regardless of what they are charged with.
Andrew Captan is a Criminal Lawyer who will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the best possible legal representation. As a client, you will work directly with Mr. Captan, rather than a law student or legal assistant, in building your defence. You will be updated regularly throughout your case to keep you informed about progress, next steps and potential outcomes.
From the outset of his career, Mr. Captan has strictly focused his practice on Criminal Defence, dedicating his time to defending individuals in some of their most vulnerable moments in life. He represents both adults and youths (individuals under 18); he assists individuals who are charged with both minor and serious crimes, from Domestic Assault, Shoplifting and Mischief to Aggravated Assault, Attempted Murder and Sexual Assault; and he aims to do so while offering affordable legal fees in order to ensure everyone has a fair chance at justice.
A significant volume of his practice is dedicated to defending Driving Under the Influence cases (Driving Excess Blood Alcohol, Impaired Driving and Refusing a Breath Sample), as well as Domestic Assault and Domestic Violence matters, making him an experienced Toronto Domestic Assault Lawyer and a Toronto DUI Lawyer.
For most clients, Mr. Captan offers block fee billing, leaving you with no uncertainty with respect to what you are required to pay. Fees are discussed up front and reduced to writing in the form of a Retainer Agreement, so there are no surprises. Mr. Captan also offers flexible and individualized payment plans so that you can manage his fees along with your other ongoing expenses.
Why retain Andrew Captan – Toronto Criminal Lawyer?
- He only practices in Criminal Defence and, therefore, has developed expertise in this area of law, with over 11 years of experience
- He will not delegate the legal work in your case to students, clerks or legal assistants;
- He will work tirelessly in pursuing the withdrawal of your criminal charges, if there is that possibility in your case
- He offers affordable legal fees and makes all efforts to try and accommodate all clients who approach him for assistance, and provides flexible payment plans so that clients are not overly burdened by large, up-front payments
- He offers a free, initial consultation for up to 30 minutes, in which you and he can see if you are the right fit, given that the solicitor-client relationship in the criminal law context often requires the parties to work as a team
- He accepts Legal Aid (on a case by case basis) and Justice Net clients
- He takes on cases in Toronto and in a wide variety of other jurisdictions to facilitate access to justice
- He will give your case the time it needs and dedicate sufficient resources to ensure your best defence is put forward
- He will not leave you in the dark and will provide consistent and clear updates about your case as it progresses
- His office is conveniently located in the Cabbagetown area of Downtown Toronto, close to several criminal courts (College Park, 311 Jarvis Youth Court, Old City Hall and 361 University), as well as readily accessible by TTC (one short bus ride from Castle Frank station
“I used Andrew recently for a drug possession charge. At first the crown was asking for time is custody upon conviction. Andrew was able to reduce this to no jail and a small fine. Couldn’t of asked for a better outcome! I wouldn’t recommend any other lawyer when facing criminal charges.”
“I was referred to Andrew by another lawyer to handle my case. The referring lawyer spoke highly of Andrew and now I fully understand why. He is always on time, prepared and available to handle any situation or question. I am extremely happy with the way he handled my preliminary trial and from the depth of his questions I can tell he really put in 110% effort. Thank you Andrew.”
“Andrew is a man of his word. Very polite and trustworthy. He takes as many cases as he can handle so nobodies case is neglected. answers calls any time, updates of cases are on time, Fees are very reasonable. Thanks to Andrew my breach of under taking charge got withdrawn without any conditions in short period of time. I highly recommend Andrew.”
“When selecting a lawyer to deal with my case I had called about 5 lawyers. Out of the 5 lawyers, Andrew had stood out the most for me because he was a polite, understanding, and truthful attorney. Andrew always picks up calls and emails back quick. Within about 2-3 months, Andrew was able to get the job done and withdrawal all my conditions and charges, which is amazing, since cases can go past over a year. Andrew is an exceptional attorney and I highly recommend him for anyone in need.”